How do I refund or transfer my BUKU 2020 pass?
Emails were sent to all BUKU ticket purchasers outlining our refund policy on April 7, 2020. The 30 day period during which purchasers may choose to either select a refund or transfer their tickets to March 19-20, 2021 closes on May 7, 2020. If you did not receive an email and would like to transfer your order or get a refund, please contact Festival Ticketing Support at either firstname.lastname@example.org or (855) 427 - 19 43. If you do not actively choose one of these options by May 7, 2020, we will automatically transfer your tickets to BUKU 2021 on March 19-20 .
Tell me the basics.
17+ and up. Rain or shine. No refunds, exchanges or cancellations. Everyone and all items are subject to search upon entry and at any time inside the venue. Lineup and set times are subject to change. All attendees are subject to BUKU's Purchase Policy
When is BUKU 2021?
#BUKU2021 takes place on March 19 + 20 in New Orleans.
How old do I need to be to attend BUKU?
BUKU IS A 17+ EVENT. You must be 17 or older with valid government issued photo ID checked at the gate at the time of your entrance to the festival to enter. NO EXCEPTIONS!
What can't I bring to, or do, at BUKU?
ALL PEOPLE, BAGS, AND BELONGINGS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH UPON ENTRY!
- NO ILLEGAL DRUGS OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA. (ALL PRESCRIPTIONS MUST BE IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING AND MATCH THE NAME ON YOUR ID)
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES
- NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING
- NO FIREWORKS OR SPARKLERS
- NO GLOW STICKS
- NO AEROSOL PRODUCTIONS, AIR HORNS OR NOISEMAKERS OF ANY KIND
- NO DRONES OR REMOTE CONTROLLED TOYS OF ANY KIND.
- NO LAWN CHAIRS AND/OR PATIO CHAIRS
- NO COOLERS, BASKETS, AND/OR LARGE BAGS
- NO GLASS OF ANY KIND INCLUDING BOTTLES, JARS, PIPES.
- NO SMOKING INSIDE ANY OF THE INDOOR FACILITIES ON-SITE
- NO OPEN CIGARETTE PACKS OR CHAPSTICK.
- NO OPEN E-CIGARETTE MODS (ALL VAPE MODS MUST BE EMPTY WITH A SEALED BOTTLE OF VAPE JUICE). DISPOSABLE E-CIGS ARE OK.
- NO VIDEO CAMERAS, AUDIO-RECORDING DEVICES, OR PROFESSIONAL GRADE CAMERAS (DETACHABLE LENSES).
- NO TRIPODS OR SELFIE STICKS.
- NO WEAPONS OR ANYTHING THAT CAN BE USED AS A WEAPON.
- NO POI, STAFF, WANDS, WHIPS. HULA HOOPS UP TO 36” WIDE ARE OK.
- NO PERSONAL PROTECTION DEVICES SUCH AS MACE OR TASERS.
- NO TAILGATING IN PARKING LOTS
- NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OR DRUMS
- NO TENTS, SLEEPING BAGS, OR TARPS
- NO FLAGPOLES OR TOTEMS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT BLOCK SOMEONE’S VIEW
- NO ANIMALS (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SERVICE ANIMALS AND SMALL HORSES PRE-APPROVED BY BUKU). NO STUFFED ANIMALS EITHER.
- NO BICYCLES, SKATEBOARDS, SCOOTERS, HOVERBOARDS, SEGWAYS, OR PERSONAL MOTORIZED VEHICLES UNLESS AN ADA APPROVED DEVICE.
- NO SQUIRT GUNS, TOY GUNS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT RESEMBLES A WEAPON
- NO JEWELRY WITH SPIKES OR STUDS
- NO LASER PENS / POINTERS
- NO WEIRD SHIT LIKE GAS MASKS, PACIFIERS OR CHAINS
- NO LARGE UMBRELLAS
- NO PROMOTIONAL OR SAMPLE PRODUCTS.
- NO PAINT, SHARPIES, OR PERMANENT MARKERS — LEAVE THAT STUFF TO THE GRAFFITI ARTISTS!
- NO UNAUTHORIZED OR UNLICENSED VENDING
- NO CULTURALLY INSENSITIVE, RACIST, OR DISCRIMINATORY OUTFITS, HEADDRESSES, FACE PAINT OR ACCESSORIES.PLEASE CONTACT INFO@THEBUKUPROJECT.COM WITH ANY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.
- NO BAD ATTITUDES OR NEGATIVITY. LOVE YOUR BUKU NEIGHBOR!
WHAT IS THE CLEAR BAG POLICY?
TO KEEP THINGS SAFE AND SPEEDY UPON ENTRY, ONLY CLEAR OR SMALL PLASTIC BAGS WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE FESTIVAL. PLEASE REVIEW THIS POLICY IN FULL AND PLAN AHEAD.
- CLEAR BACKPACKS, BAGS AND PURSES THAT ARE PLASTIC, VINYL OR PVC AND NO LARGER THAN 13" x 17" x 6" (ALL MUST BE CLEAR)
- ONE GALLON CLEAR PLASTIC FREEZER BAG (ZIP-TOP BAG OR SIMILAR)
- FANNY PACKS, APPROXIMATELY THE SIZE OF TWO HANDS, WITH OR WITHOUT A HANDLE OR STRAP
- SMALL CLUTCH BAGS, WITH OR WITHOUT A HANDLE OR STRAP, NO LARGER THAN 4.5" x 6.5"
- EMPTY CAMELBAK STYLE WATER BLADDER STYLE SYSTEMS WITH ONE POCKET FOR THE WATER BLADDER AND ONE ADDITIONAL POCKET*
*GUIDELINES FOR CAMELBAK STYLE HYDRATION SYSTEMS:
- ALTHOUGH SINGLE POCKET CAMELBAK STYLE WATER BLADDER SYSTEMS ARE ALLOWED EMPTY INTO THE VENUE, THE WATER BLADDER THEMSELVES MUST BE CAPABLE OF BEING REMOVED FROM THE CARRIER AND MUST BE TRANSPARENT ENOUGH TO ALLOW SECURITY TO VISUALLY INSPECT THE EMPTY BLADDER.
- ADDITIONALLY, CAMELBAK STYLE BLADDER CARRIERS MUST HAVE NO MORE THAN ONE POCKET IN ADDITION TO THE COMPARTMENT THAT HOLDS THE WATER BLADDER. ANY CAMELBAK STYLE WATER BLADDERS THAN CANNOT BE REMOVED FROM THE CARRIER AND/OR IS OPAQUE ENOUGH TO PREVENT VISUAL INSPECTION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE FESTIVAL. ANY CAMELBAK STYLE BLADDER CARRIERS LARGER THAN THE PERMITTED SIZE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE FESTIVAL.
PROHIBITED ITEMS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- PURSES LARGER THAN A SMALL 4.5" x 6.5" CLUTCH BAG, COOLERS, BRIEFCASES, CINCH BAGS, LUGGAGE OF ANY KIND, COMPUTER BAGS, CAMERA BAGS, OR ANY OTHER BACKPACK, BAG, OR PURSE EXCEPT THOSE MADE OF CLEAR PLASTIC, CLEAR VINYL OR CLEAR PVC AND NOT EXCEEDING 13" x 17" x 6".
TELL ME BUKU’S SAFE SPACE POLICY.
BUKU is intended to be a safe space to enjoy music, art, expression and community in complete freedom from any form of hatred or harassment. Our staff are trained to remove individuals violating our zero tolerance harassment policy: NO SEXUAL HARASSMENT, NO ACTS OF AGGRESSION, NO RACISM, NO MISOGYNY, NO HOMOPHOBIA, NO TRANSPHOBIA, NO RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY… or any other form of hatred or discrimination. Acceptance, compassion, encouragement and love is what the BUKREWE stands for. Let’s work together to keep each other feeling safe to party in freedom.
Where is the festival located?
BUKU Music + Art Project takes place at Mardi Gras World - 1400 Port of New Orleans Place, New Orleans, LA 70130
When will the lineup be released?
The BUKU 2021 lineup will be announced later this year.
When do tickets go on sale?
Tickets to #BUKU2021 will go on sale later this year.
Are Payment Plans Available?
Payment plans will be available when #BUKU2021 passes go on sale later this year.
The option to turn on payment plans is on the payment page at checkout after entering your credit card info. By selecting “Payment Plan” at checkout you will be able to split your purchase into a maximum of 4 easy payments. Please note an additional $5-$10 Payment Plan Processing Fee will be charged on top of standard service fees.
Our BUKU Music + Art Project Payment Plan allows the customer the flexibility to pay for their order via the installment payment plan. The ticket purchaser that utilizes the payment plan (“Purchaser”) agrees that their credit card will be charged in installments (“Installments”) every 3 weeks for a maximum of 4 installments (including initial payment) until their order is paid in full. The number of payments will be proportionate with the number of weeks remaining in the payment terms. The Purchaser will receive an email confirmation each time their credit card is charged. At the time the final payment is made, their order will be available for shipment. The Purchaser further understands that they can, at any time, pay for the order in full. The date of the month that the payment is made is equal to the day of the month in which the initial deposit was made. Please note that there is an additional $5-$10 processing fee for the payment plan option. If a payment is not made in full within 10 days after the initial charge, your order WILL BE CANCELLED, and we will refund all money you have paid less a cancellation charge of $50 and less the payment plan processing fee.
Are Upgrades Available?
UPGRADES ARE AVAILABLE AS LONG AS THE TICKET TYPE IS NOT SOLD OUT OR CHECK OUT OUR PARTNER FLIPTIX FOR UPGRADES AND TICKETS.
Please call Festival Ticketing Support at (855) 427-1943 to upgrade your purchase.
Will I be able to purchase a single day pass?
Yes - a limited allotment of single day passes will become available closer to the event
Can I buy a pass at the gate?
IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT BUKU WILL BE SOLD OUT BEFORE THE DAYS OF THE FESTIVAL.
Am I allowed to exit and re-enter the festival grounds?
No re-entry for GA and GA Plus pass holders – once you exit the festival you will not be permitted to re-enter. There is unlimited re-entry for VIP, VIP 21+ and TOO BUKU VIP pass holders – you will be required to scan your wristband while exiting the festival and be subject to search upon re-entry
How do I log into my ticketing account?
Please follow these instructions in order to log into your account:
- Click the "My Account" link at the top of the ticketing page.
- Enter your username and password and click "Log In".
How do I make changes to my order?
Once your order has been placed, you cannot go back into your account and edit it. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your order, please call Festival Ticketing Purchase Support at 855-427-1943
I PURCHASED MY TICKET BUT WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT, IT WON'T LET ME IN?
In most cases such as this, it is likely you haven't received your order confirmation. One reason may be the email address was entered incorrectly during initial account setup. To resolve, please call Festival Ticketing Purchase Support at 855-427-1943 to confirm the email address on file for your account is correct.
When will I get my BUKU wristband?
Please allow until March 2021 for your wristband(s) to arrive.
How Can I Update My Shipping Address?
to view step-by-step instructions on updating your shipping address online. You can also contact Ticket Purchase Support at 855-427-1943
. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST.
How Does My Wristband Work?
Attached to each wristband is an encrypted RFID chip that acts as your ticket. Upon arrival to the festival, patrons will be required to scan their wristband against an RFID scanning device to validate entry. You will be required to register your wristband before entering the festival. This will activate the RFID chip and associate personal information with it.
How Do I Activate My Wristband?
Upon receiving the wristband, it is mandatory that you activate it via the instructions listed in your package using the BUKU app.
My Wristband Just Came in the Mail! Can I put it on now?
NO! Wristbands are non-replaceable. Please do not put your wristband on until you’re ready to enter the festival! You may damage it or become uncomfortable.
What if I lose my wristband?
Lost, stolen, tampered with and/or confiscated wristbands will not be replaced. Be very careful not to lose or forget your wristband.
WILL THERE BE A VOLUNTEER OR WORK EXCHANGE PROGRAM?
NO, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY VOLUNTEER OR WORK EXCHANGE PROGRAMS PLANNED FOR THIS YEAR.
What happens if I do not receive my wristband?
If you do not receive your wristband in the mail or lose your wristband, please call Festival Ticketing Purchase Support at 855-427-1943
. Orders that are unable to be delivered or shipped will be required to be picked up at will call by the original purchaser.
I DID NOT RECEIVE MY PACKAGE. CAN I HAVE MY ORDER RESHIPPED?
No, orders will not be re-shipped or shipped twice under any circumstances. If you do not receive your wristbands by the week of the festival, please call Festival Ticketing Purchase Support at 855-427-1943 to have your order reissued to will call. Please note the original purchaser must pick up passes at will call.
What is your wristband policy?
- Wristbands MUST be worn for entry into the festival and at all times during the festival (including the times between days). Please do not remove, stretch or tamper with your wristband in any way or you will not be allowed entry.
- Only wristbands purchased through us or our partner Fliptix are valid. If you purchased from an unauthorized source and/or the ticket is counterfeit, you will not be allowed entry.
- Wristbands MUST be worn securely on your wrist and cannot be slipped on and off.
- Do NOT remove, stretch or tamper with your wristband in any way or you will not be allowed entry.
- Subsequent and/or multiple presentations of a counterfeited wristband are VOID and will be seized by festival security staff.
- If your wristband is removed by festival security/event staff for any reason, it WILL NOT be replaced.
- All wristband holders must pass through security and are subject to a security inspection. Prohibited items will be confiscated by event staff.
- Wristbands are NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-EXCHANGEABLE AND NON-REPLACEABLE.
I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY PASS PURCHASE. CAN YOU HELP ME?
Please contact Festival Ticketing Support for any questions regarding your order:
Is BUKU ADA accessible?
Yes, and the BUKrewe wants to ensure that ALL fans can enjoy the show! The festival grounds are ADA accessible. Please contact email@example.com with any specific questions or click HERE for more info.
What is the closest airport?
(MSY) Louis Armstrong New Orleans is the closest airport to fly into.
Where can I stay when I'm in New Orleans?
Click here to access our Hotels for Hope booking portal to find deals exclusively for the BUKREWE!
Will there be parking & how much?
Yes! There will be parking lots open for BUKU attendees with limited spots available on a first-come, first-served basis. These lots are the property and sole responsibility of, and will be controlled and staffed by, the New Orleans Convention Center. BUKU is not responsible for anything that goes on out there.
Will there be food at BUKU?
Hells yeah! We work hard to make sure the food sold at BUKU caters to everyones needs while also offering dank New Orleans food. Come hungry and check back closer to the event for more info on vendors and food options!
What should I know about booze?
You MUST be 21+ to drink. There will be a maximum limit of two (2) drinks per person per order. Good news — VIP 21+ ticket holders may leave the VIP-designated areas with a drink, but only one (1) drink at a time and must use your refillable cup (included with VIP 21+ purchase). Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive. Do not buy a drink for anyone under 21. You will not be served if you are under 21, don’t have a photo ID proving you are at least 21, and/or are intoxicated.